X11 SummaSketch Driver?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed May 11 20:06:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 21:30 +0200, Dan wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> is there a way I can contribute to bring the X11 SummaSketch driver
> package back to life?

Start by getting it to build against a recent X server.  It's been
formally unmaintained upstream since February 2009:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-summa

You can probably crib from the evdev driver changelog to see what API
changes you need to adapt to.  But I believe the long-term goal is to
move input drivers into the kernel as evdev sources, as much as
possible, and let the evdev X driver pick up the simple ones
automatically.  (Complicated things like wacom and synaptics keeping
their own drivers, but still eating evdev events from the kernel.)

- ajax