Orphaning gbirthday and linbox

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 12 12:46:01 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I'm orphaning gbirthday and linbox, because I either don't use them
anymore or it's too much work to integrate it into fedora...

	* gbirthday:
	  I don't use it anymore, and it has some SQL bugs open (I
	  don't use SQL either, so I can't debug it etc.)

	* linbox:
	  Required for SAGE [1], but FTBFS since a while and the new
	  version now requires another package, not yet in fedora. This
	  is hard to maintain, because of many multilib problems/hacks
	  etc.
	  (CC'ing givaro maintainer, so he doesn't need to wait for an
	  upgrade for linbox.)

Take them, if you want them :)
	Thomas

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/SciTech/SAGE