kernel: CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat May 14 16:10:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 05:22:35PM +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
 > hi,
 >
 > why is it 'yes' instead of 'm'(module)? bug/feature??
 >
 > performance troubles: http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=130212178423334&w=2

It used to be a module, but was converted to built-in as we were always
those '5 second boot' days seem a bit boneheaded in hindsight.
For f16, we should do a good re-review of such decisions, and decide what
makes sense and what doesn't, and where possible fix the startup scripts
instead of working around them.

	Dave