Workaround for bug 702953?

Andreas Tunek andreas.tunek at
Sat May 14 21:23:36 UTC 2011

I am running into bug 702953
(, which
essentially is that the computer becomes very, most probably due to a
bad GPU driver. Is there any way to work around this problem?

If I understand correctly, my computer (2011 27 inch iMac) has an
integrated intel GPU, but Fedora is using the Radeon GPU. Is there any
way what GPU you use? I did not find any documentation regarding this,
but maybe I looked at the wrong places?

Maybe this is more a support issue than development issue, but if we
are using the GPU more and more I guess we will run into this issue
more and more.

Best regards
Andreas Tunek