systemd questions

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sun May 15 17:22:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, 15.05.11 17:05, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 05/15/2011 04:08 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Well, but ExecStartPre= doesn't help you with this. As it is run only
> > after the service is already stopped.
> >
> > It has been suggested that we add ExecRestartPre=, i.e. something we run
> > before stopping a service for a restart. It has been on the TODO list
> > for a while, but is currently not available. ExecStartPre= doesn't
> > appear useful for this stuff at all to me.
>
> Would not ExecStopPre= suffice for this ?

No, ExecStopPre= cannot be used for making shutdown of a service
conditional. Even if one of the pre lines fails we will go on with
shutting down the service, however we will store the exit code and the
service will be in "failed" state once fully shut down.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.