kernel: CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y

Xose Vazquez Perez xose.vazquez at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:02:04 UTC 2011

On 05/14/2011 06:10 PM, Dave Jones wrote:

> It used to be a module, but was converted to built-in as we were always
> those '5 second boot' days seem a bit boneheaded in hindsight.
> For f16, we should do a good re-review of such decisions, and decide what
> makes sense and what doesn't, and where possible fix the startup scripts
> instead of working around them.

indeed, the *complete kernel config* should be reviewed by the fedora
kernel team.
There are modules included(yes) in the kernel,  missing options and
modules, etc...

These greps should help:

look for static values:
$ egrep -v "=m|=y|is not set" config

look for missing features/modules:
$ egrep -v "=\"|=[0-9]|=m|=y" config

look for "yes", included features/modules:
$ egrep -v "=\"|=[0-9]|=m|is not set" config

and also take a look to menuconfig.

-thanks-