More than one version of a package

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 16 21:14:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 18:11:15 -0300,
  Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Let's say I have package X 1.0 I'd want to upload an srpm of X 1.1 and
> make build a newer version of X but
> keep the old ones for f13 and f14.  Is that similar to upload a new
> package, I mean for each branch:
>
> 1. fedpkg import package.srpm
> 2. fedpkg commit....
> 3 fedpkg build

Normally you work with the upstream source, not an srpm. You don't want to
clobber the Fedora version of the spec file.

You upload the new source using fedpkg new-sources. When you do this the
sources file is updated to point to the new sources you uploaded. You
can then edit the spec file for the version update and commit. Then start
testing to see if anything has broke.