How to build noarch package on only certain architectures?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at
Tue May 17 13:33:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at> wrote:
>> Is there some other way to add a noarch package that doesn't build on
>> some architectures?
> Sadly this is a nasty situation. (I'm in the same boat with munin).
> There are 2 answers, neither ideal (I'd love to hear better):
> 1. Make your package archfull. Add ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch.
> 2. Leave it noarch and ExcludeArch: ppc64, then try and keep rebuilding
> it until you hit a non ppc builder.

3. See if you can modify the package to do runtime determinism of
whether the dependency is there, and only use that functionality if
it's present.  Personally I think that if that can't be done, then
option 1 is the right way to go.