Security release criterion proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 18 20:58:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 15:43 -0500, dr johnson wrote:

> Few questions here:
>
> What does this scope include?  Is it merely the LiveCD for GNOME and
> KDE?  Does it also include the DVD install selections for both of
> these packages?  (They are different)

Well, that's part of the discussion I wanted to start. As written it
covers anything that actually runs as part of the installation sequence
on the DVD and anything you can run directly from within one of the
published live images, it's less concerned with post-install scenarios.

> Do we make a list of what is installed in these situations and create
> a watch-list like “crit-path”?

As I wrote in a previous reply, implementation of planned testing and
validation for criteria is a rather different topic from definition of
the criteria, and it's probably best to discuss them separately.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey