rpmbuild issue?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:07:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:46:36 +0100, PGR wrote:

> > It doesn't even build (in Plague dist-f15 buildroot) due to missing
> > BuildRequires,
> >
> >   checking for LIBGLADE... no
> >   configure: error: in `/builddir/build/BUILD/gtkpod-2.0.0':
> >   configure: error: *** No package 'libglade-2.0' found
> >   See `config.log' for more details.
> >   RPM build errors:
>
> It wouldn't because the spec is designed for gtkpod 2.1.0, which no longer
> uses libglade.

The last spec %changelog entry only mentioned 2.0.0. If you had hardcoded
the 2.1.0 in the "Version" tag instead of replacing it with a %{REVISION},
macro. I would not have assumed that the spec is for 2.0.0.

> > and you haven't quoted any rpmbuild error details.
>
> The difficulty is that there are no specific rpmbuild errors, other than
> the "installed (but unpackaged file(s) found" errors.

Those are specific rpmbuild errors. ;)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Explicit_Requires

> > Take another look at the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT directory contents and make
> > sure that all files and directories are assigned to your various %files
> > sections.
>
> An example of the problem is the file:
> /usr/lib/gtkpod/coverweb.plugin
>
> This file is listed under the plugin coverweb %files section:
> %files plugin-coverweb
> %defattr(-,root,root,-)
> %{_libdir}/%{name}/coverweb.plugin
>
> Despite this, the file is one of this listed under "Installed (but
> unpackaged) file(s) found".

On which platform did you compile it? x86_64 possibly? %{_libdir} expands
to /usr/lib64 there (and on other 64-bit multiarch platforms).