Security release criterion proposal

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Fri May 20 23:24:13 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson wrote:
> # There must be no known remote code execution vulnerability which could
> be exploited during installation or during use of a live image shipped
> with the release

If the installer would download packages during the installation, and an
attacker could trick it into downloading and installing malicious code that
would run as root once the installed system booted, would that match this
criterion?

Because then I'd say yes, let's make this an alpha release criterion – and
finally do something about bug 998 before F16 alpha.

Björn Persson