UID_MIN & GID_MIN changed

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:04:40 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 06:14 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Coordination would be nice if we can decide on how we can sanely make
> changes to this.

I would think first is to reach consciousness on what the
reserved/system IDs are supposed to be once that has been done we can
start looking at what is the best approach to implement and or fix
things that might break because of it.

We admins that are in mixed *nix environment and are stuck with legacy
uid/gid already have to *fix* the idiocy being done in configs and
application where the min UID/GID is set to anything but 100 (
restricted range ).

Basically we whom are living in and running legacy/mixed OS environments
are fucked already the main thing here is to reach consciousness across
distro's and preferably *nix platforms so we dont be in this crappy
situation again after 10 - 20 or 30 years time..

JBG