yum / dist-upgrade / memory

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 26 12:35:21 UTC 2011

Am 26.05.2011 13:45, schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Thu, 26 May 2011 13:37:15 +0200, RH wrote:
>
>> some minutes ago i tried a dist-upgrade F14->F15 per yum on
>> a virtual machine with 512 MB RAM
>>
>> not enough memory?
>
> Can you reproduce after removing the "yum-presto" plugin package?

sorry, to late :-(

upgrade finished with 768 MB RAM
this weekend we are going to F14 and F15 has some time left
for us and i thought i will report this in the hope it will
not be triggered dec/jan on the production machines

this F15 test was for test if RAID1/RAID10 are living after
a dist-upgrade because i get a new machine soon :-)