OFED 1.6 InfiniBand packages in Fedora 16?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri May 27 13:52:30 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 04:30 AM, Albert Strasheim wrote:
> Hello all
>
> It seems the openfabrics.org people are planning their OFED 1.6
> release which includes most of the useful InfiniBand packages for
> middle of September 2011.
>
> http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/ewg/2011-March/016445.html
>
> This seems to coincide nicely with the Fedora 16 release schedule.
>
> The InfiniBand packages in Fedora currently seem to be quite a bit
> behind the packages that will be included in OFED 1.6.
>
> What is the way forward to get the latest InfiniBand packages into Fedora 16?
>
> Regards
>
> Albert

I just need some time to get updates in.  However, that being said, I
totally ignore OFED.  I pull packages from upstream and I do *not* get
anything from OFED.  They shipped a custom hacked, incompatible
libibverbs for over 2 years before their custom hacks were reviewed and
then modified and then accepted upstream.  That ended my relationship
with their offerings.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194