Help with packaging openEMR

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at
Sat May 28 11:14:55 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I was packaging openEMR. This is what the INSTALL file says:

> Copy the OpenEMR folder into the root folder of the webserver. On Mandrake
> Linux, for example, use the command:
>   bash# mv openemr /var/www/html/
> Make sure the webserver is running, and point a web-browser to setup.php located
> within the openemr web folder.  If you installed OpenEMR in the root web
> directory, the URL would read: http://localhost/openemr/setup.php.
> The setup script will step you through the configuration of the OpenEMR.

During the packaging, do I place the files in the /var/www/html/ dir, or
should I place them all in %{_datadir} and add a README.fedora which
tells the user to copy it there etc?

If there's a package like this already, please point me to it.