File nauty24r2.tar.gz uploaded to lookaside cache by rdieter

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:10:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> The use of Nauty in Polymake is quite localized. AFAICT, you only have to
> touch the following locations:

Thanks, Kevin.  This is useful information.

> You should also unbundle cdd and lrs (i.e. use separate packages for those)
> and check that you don't have GPL version conflicts (v2 only vs. v3 only).
> (FYI, bliss is GPLv3.)

cdd is already available in Fedora as cddlib, and I have a test
package of lrs that I'm trying out on my machine before inflicting it
on an unsuspecting world.  (The lrs package required me to do some
violence to the build infrastructure, as the author provided only a
very primitive Makefile that builds the binaries, copying the relevant
library .o files into each binary.  I'm going to write him and offer
to give him a nice libtoolized infrastructure, if he wants it.)

The GPLv2 vs. GPLv3 issue looks to be a deal breaker, though.  Drat.
I wonder if I can talk the bliss authors into releasing a GPLv2+ or
LGPLv2+ version.  It's worth a try.  So far I haven't been able to get
a response out of the nauty developer, so little chance of a license
change there.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/