Release notes in feature pages

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun May 29 02:21:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

The release notes section in the feature pages are supposed to help with
writing the release notes and release announcement.  However this is not
being taken seriously and feature owners just write something very brief
and useless most of the time.    To highlight the problem,  refer to
some of the feature proposals considered ready for FESCo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:FeatureReadyForFesco

A)  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F16BtrfsDefaultFs

"There shouldn't be anything we need to specifically say other than
hi-light the change."

B) http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ckremoval

"ConsoleKit is gone, a couple of new APIs are introduced instead"

C)  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Cloudstack

"Cloudstack, an IaaS cloud platform is available in Fedora"

I think the feature wrangler should back on this and insist that the
feature owners atleast try and do a write up better than this.   Any
write up would eventually have to go through editors but the process can
be helped a lot by a little more effort.

Rahul