9base in Fedora?

Petr Sabata contyk at redhat.com
Mon May 30 09:24:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:19:43AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:23:44PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > > As I understand it, the best way to do this in Fedora, with respect to
> > > same ideas in this thread, would be having %{_libexecdir}/plan9 or similar,
> > > with bin, lib and share (or whatever upstream supplies) subdirectories.
> > You understood it wrong, %{_libexecdir}/plan9 should contain only binaries
> > and nothing else, the rest would go into %{_libdir}/plan9.
>
> I don't understand why exactly %{_libexecdir}/plan9/* would be preferable to
> the more-straightforward /usr/bin/plan9/*. Generally, programs that are in
> libexec are meant to _not_ be executed directly, which is not the case here.

That would indeed be better, I guess.
It's okay with both FHS 2.3 and our current Guidelines (or maybe I'm just
missing something), rpmlint complains about %{_bindir} subdirectory, though.

(...)
9base.x86_64: E: subdir-in-bin /usr/bin/plan9/dc
The package contains a subdirectory in /usr/bin. It's not permitted to create
a subdir there. Create it in /usr/lib/ instead.
(...)

I'm going to update the package review since this more like an rpmlint issue.

--
# Petr Sabata