F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Fri Nov 4 10:25:54 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com> writes:

> > Yeah, I got that bit. But I'm sure all you folks are in the know, so I asked.
>
> No more than anyone - there really is no cabal ;) All I know is what the
> GNOME / desktop team have said in public, but what they've said seems to
> point in a Shell-y direction, to me.

I meant, on average, a guy working for Red Hat would know a whole lot more about
Gnome than myself, who's got zero knowledge.

Anyhow, it's not the shell per se that's the problem. It's the overview mode -
so bloody annoying with its constant expose in/out animations, lack of desktop
visibility etc. I know - it looks great on YouTube. Not so great when you have
use it for work all day.

Ah, never mind - just whinging...

--
Bojan