F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:17:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> Shipping bug-free software is the job of maintainers. It's reasonable to
> ask a reporter to take an issue upstream if you feel that that'll result
> in the bug being fixed faster, but there's no reason to mandate that and
> it certainly doesn't match the common use of bugzilla.

My personal policy.

1) If I can reproduce it, and I agree that its a bug, I'll try to
drive it forward and tell the reporter to poke me in the eye on some
reminder timescale..because you know..life happens..and reminders are
good.

2) if either of those two pre-conditions aren't satisfied, I encourage
them to file it upstream and hand be back a reference so I can track
it and respond if there's additional information needed that the
impacted user doesn't know how to provide. But at the end of the day,
I feel its most important to have upstream talking directly with the
person who can reproduce the problem. If I can't, I'm just a lossy
communication medium.

-jef