[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Release Declared GOLD!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Nov 4 19:06:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:55:00 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 11:53 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > > I am concerned with the process as executed not matching the
> > > documentation. I'd just like to see a change codified that either
> > > allows moving the Go / No-Go meeting when appropriate or just
> > > schedule it closer to the readiness meeting.
> >
> > I think moving the go/no-go meetings to thursdays and moving the
> > readyness meeting to friday is a fine plan. I think our mirroring
> > is in shape enough to where if we stage things late thursday or
> > friday morning we should be ok.
> >
> > If we do this, next cycle we should NOT do any 'two part' go/no-go
> > meetings.
>
> Well, what we were thinking of was moving go/no-go without moving
> release readiness: there's no real reason there needs to be a whole
> day between them, there's no tasks that must happen *after* go/no-go
> but *before* release readiness AFAIK, so that whole day just winds up
> being dead time. There's no intrinsic reason they can't simply be 1hr
> apart, as we did for 16 Final.
>
> So hey, if Friday's okay, we could do 'em both on Friday...

Well, friday might be cutting it a bit close. I guess we can see how
rapidly mirrors sync up for 16 and use that data to decide.

I think we have a more robust mirror tiering setup now than we had in
the past, so it may not take as long for tier0/1 mirrors to get content
and filter it out to others.

kevin