[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Release Declared GOLD!

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:04:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> There are various 'hot topics' exposed during the F16 cycle that we'll
> likely expand the matrix to cover better in F17 - bootloader location
> issues, EFI issues, USB installer issues (when we first drew up the
> installation tests, using USB sticks for installation was very rare, and
> I think you couldn't actually write non-live images to USB at all), and

Last night I used livecd-iso-to-disk to write the rc5 64 bit  DVD
install iso to an 8 GiB usbkey - which I am planning to test this
evening to install to a desktop.... i.e. the usbkey will be my install
 (source) medium.

I have used this method for several years - and not had a failure yet
- I will report if there are any problems when I do this install for
f16....

--
mike c