xfce-weather-plugin stopped working

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 6 02:33:56 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> The KDE Plasma weather widget, which prides itself on only using sources
> whose usage in this context was allowed by the data provider

To be fair, I believe that the usage of weather.com by a number of open
source projects was within the policies.  However, policies change, and
sometimes on relatively short notice.  I think weather.com was the
default for a number of projects, and that probably was costing The
Weather Channel money (that didn't give them anything in return).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>