F16: systemd nfs-server.service is absent in "systemctl --all"

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Nov 6 08:15:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 11:58 +0400, Lucas wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I was trying to setup nfs server on fedora 16 and first off all started from nfs-server. I checked
> "chkconfig" - nothing, then "systemctl --all | grep nfs" - nothing again. Then I searched in "rpm -q
> nfs-utils -l" and found out that I have it:
>
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-blkmap.service
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-idmap.service
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-lock.service
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-secure-server.service
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-secure.service
> /lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service
> /lib/systemd/system/proc-fs-nfsd.mount
> /lib/systemd/system/var-lib-nfs-rpc_pipefs.mount
>
> Why "systemctl --all | grep nfs" doesn't show me nfs-server.service ?

I think because it's disabled. systemctl (synonymous with 'systemctl
list-units') shows loaded and active, systemctl --all shows all loaded
(whether active or not), systemctl list-unit-files shows all unit files,
including ones that aren't loaded (i.e. disabled), but it's listing only
unit files. Well, that's what I've got, anyway.

systemctl list-unit-files shows nfs-server.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey