Heads up: libpng bumped to 1.5.x in rawhide

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Nov 6 15:56:40 UTC 2011

On 11/06/2011 12:26 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Puzzles me. The F-16 build doesn't depend on libpng* directly:
>
> $ rpm -qR geeqie|grep png
> $ rpm -q geeqie
> geeqie-1.0-13.fc16.x86_64

I noticed a similar thing with gkrellm-volume -- the F-15 build did have
a dependency on it, but the F-16 one didn't (libm was similarly gone,
maybe some others too).  I suppose some pkg-config files of the build
dependency chain no longer had those in pkg-config --libs output on F-16
but did on F-15.

Anyway, applying -Wl,--as-needed on a new Rawhide gkrellm-volume build
still got rid of quite a few additional unnecessary deps even though it
would no longer have been necessary in order to get rid of the libpng one.