F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 14:45:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 09:37 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> What's the plan for rather old, limited hardware? Have you personally
> got XO-1, XO-1.5 units to test? We'll be testing it (with some
> trepidation) at OLPC, but it's always better if you can see it in all
> its glory on your own.

I have one or two around.  I haven't successfully run anything on them
in ages, but I guess I can always try again.

> We also have some hw in the pipeline that can handle OpenGLES; and
> that's likely to be increasingly the case for  ARM laptops and
> tablets. AFAIK, the current stack can't use OpenGLES, correct?

For now let's say yes, but that's more like implementation detail than
fundamental property.  Clutter'd be perfectly happy atop a GLES
renderer, we just don't have that wired up.

- ajax