Heads up: libpng bumped to 1.5.x in rawhide

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 15:50:04 UTC 2011

On 11/07/2011 10:35 AM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 01:57 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>>  * The %configure macro (at least since F-16) does
>>      LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS:--Wl,-z,relro }"; export LDFLAGS;
>>    so one cannot simply export a customized $LDFLAGS in the spec file
>>    without disturbing the macro.
>
> That's what I meant by "(in addition to RPM_LD_FLAGS)" in my first mail
> to this thread.  It should be done for example like this:
>
>     %build
>     export LDFLAGS="$RPM_LD_FLAGS -Wl,--as-needed"
>     %configure [...]

On my F-16 box. %configure is running:

LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS:--Wl,-z,relro }"; export LDFLAGS;

If we really want -Wl,--as-needed, it should be simple enough to add to
the %configure definition. Playing with nacl in chromium has reminded me
that I'm definitely not a toolchain guru, but what would the downside be
of making that macro change system-wide (in rawhide) ?

~tom

==
Fedora Project