F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 17:00:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 10:11 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> >> For now let's say yes, but that's more like implementation detail than
> >> fundamental property.  Clutter'd be perfectly happy atop a GLES
> >> renderer, we just don't have that wired up.
>
> Ok -- that doesn't sound so terrible. Are there concrete plans to wire it up?

I guess?  It sort of depends what the support story for those chips
looks like: who provides the GLES and EGL libraries, what their ABI
looks like, whether it's feasible to compile against Mesa's
implementation but use another at runtime...

None of which has a real answer just yet, I don't think.

- ajax