Heads Up: FESCo is considering to block packages providing sysvinit services without systemd unit

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 19:28:28 UTC 2011

On the today's FESCo meeting we discussed the request to move forward
the conversion of the sysvinit scripts to systemd units in Fedora 17.

The packages which ship sysvinit script but do not ship systemd unit
according to the Fedora packaging guidelines violate this rule:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd#Unit_Files

Eventual blocking of the packages that violate this Fedora packaging
rule was not yet definitively decided upon, but we agreed that the
Fedora package maintainers should be warned that such blocking might
happen before the Fedora 17 Alpha release.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb