New build of fedpkg (fedora-packager) coming to updates-testing / rawhide

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 01:23:42 UTC 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:04 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> For f15 through rawhide and epel 6 there is a new update coming for fedpkg (part of fedora-packager).
>
> This build is a pretty major rewrite to make use of a shared pyrpkg backend.  Coming along for the ride is a new build of GitPython which brings some more deps, python-gitdb, python-async, and python-smmap.
>
> There has been a lot of code shuffle in fedpkg so I'm really interested in heavy testing of this.  GitPython also has an API change from previous builds so if there are other consumers of GitPython I need to know about them to help with API migration.
>
> Please test these updates and let me know if all is good, or if you have other issues.  Bodhi karma, email, IRC, smoke signal, just let me know.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for all the testing you've done so far, totally awesome!

I've edited the updates and added a new build of rpkg, and replaced the build of fedora-packager with a build of the now standalone fedpkg.  These builds should address all the bugs found thus far in testing, so hopefully people can test some more with it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!