Proposing Fedora Feature for private /tmp and /var/tmp for all systemd services in Fedora 17.

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:53:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> If run on the main namespace all they see is that the files are in some
> randomized subdir of /tmp, instead of /tmp itself.

Is the randomization required? If they were named after the
user/service that created
them (perhaps with some randomization too e.g.
/tmp/mount.fooservice.$random would be
much more discoverable and maintainable then /tmp/$random.  Systemctl
show is good
and needed for automation, but my brain stores more sysadmin trivial
than I like already.