Heads Up: FESCo is considering to block packages providing sysvinit services without systemd unit

Ric Wheeler rwheeler at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 10:23:10 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 01:56 PM, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Tomasz Torcz<tomek at pipebreaker.pl>  wrote:

>>> Such a blocking would be just wrong ... as long as the packages *work*
>>> there is no reason to do that.
>>> I am all for encouraging maintainers to port there stuff but this is a
>>> bit too much.
>>   What other form of encouragement can you suggest?
> I can't think of anything that would work.

Blocking shipment of major features would leave fedora crippled.

I suggest going back to the normal open source way - if you want autofs or other
package to move towards your new thing (systemd or whatever), get to know the
system and propose patches.

This "blocking" sounds like bullying, not like our normal community process of
discussion, patch sharing and proof in implementation....

Ric