Differences between koji and mock rawhide environments?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 21:36:03 UTC 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> postgresql is currently failing to rebuild in rawhide:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3499379
> This seems quite repeatable, in koji, but the package builds fine on my
> workstation under mock's fedora-rawhide-x86_64 and fedora-rawhide-i386
> environments.  Shouldn't this have exactly the same results?  Can anyone
> suggest how I might reproduce the failure someplace where I can debug it?

Mock rawhide targets make use of the nightly published rawhide tree.  Koji makes use of an up to the minute updated chroot of rawhide built packages, which can include many new things not in the nightly tree.

This can lead to a difference of environments.  Make sure all the same packages are being used.

You can ask koji to spit out a mock config stub that you could use to gain access to the packages used in koji at that moment in time:

$ koji mock-config --tag f17-build --arch x86_64 --topurl http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/ f17

It's a bit convoluted so I'm working on a fedpkg command that will use details from the host machine and the current package branch to fill in those details.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!