openssh-server in F16ga

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:42:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 07:17:05PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 06:59 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> > Seems surprising (to me) that it'd be installed, and the port open in
> > the firewall, but not enabled.
>
>  From my perspective it's quite the oposit as in having it enabled on
> the dvd and instantly letting novice end users be vulnerable to ssh
> attacks because apparently power users no longer posses the knowledge on
> how to enable it via kickstart or otherwize....
>
> Atleast the Gnome Desktop team ( which control their own spin ) took the
> smart route for their end user base....

Did this hit the Release Notes?  Correct or not, it's pretty big change in
behaviour if someone was expecting it to either be the same as past releases
or the same as installing from the DVD.  Release noting it would be greatly
helpful for people looking to answer exactly the question asked here "Was
this intentional or is it a bug?"

-Toshio