openssh-server in F16ga

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Nov 9 23:01:30 UTC 2011

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I don't know if that broke in Alpha/Beta, but it's always been this way
> on past live media. Perhaps we should revisit it thought... enable it,
> but make sure premitemptypasswords is set for sshd (which it should be
> by default).

I personally don't mind it being off by default on Live media.

- It prevents any immediate security implications if the SSH on the Live
image becomes vulnerable. We won't have a ton of Fedora 16 bot nets
ruining the interwebs.
- It wins us some boot time in that SSH doesn't need to generate keys
each boot up.