Differences between koji and mock rawhide environments?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 16:35:19 UTC 2011

Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> writes:
> On 11/09/2011 11:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That was the first thing I thought of, but the failure originally
>> occurred yesterday in koji, and I still can't reproduce it today in
>> mock.

> I don't know what has changed from yesterday (instead that I've upgraded
> to F16), but now I have the same error in local mock as it is in koji
> when building postgresql (yesterday the build succeeded every-time in
> local mock - same as Tom wrote).

Huh, today I can reproduce it too --- and I did not change anything at
all on that machine.  Is it possible that mock lags two days behind
rawhide, not just one?

The actual failure seems to be due to some change in Python error
traceback behavior.  Which is curious because it doesn't look like the
python package changed versions since yesterday.  I'm not much of a
Python person ... is there any package besides the core python package
that would have an influence on error handling behavior seen by
applications using libpython2.7.so?

Also, looking closer, why is it that rawhide still contains
python-2.7.2-16.fc17, when according to
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=python.git
that version was replaced two weeks ago due to the recent glibc issues?

And perhaps even more to the point, why does rawhide contain
glibc-2.14.90-15.1.x86_64
which according to the glibc git repository is a two-day-old f16 build,
not rawhide at all?  (And why is glibc ignoring the convention to use
%{?dist} in Release:?)

			regards, tom lane