Why does git merge have so much trouble with Fedora package?branches?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:49:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:37:38PM +0000, phantomjinx wrote:

> I would recommend rebasing branches against master up until they are pushed, if
> required to be shared. Doing so retains a linear history on the branch and can
> mean the branch commits can end up being fast forwarded onto master when the
> feature is complete.

I'm a little leary of rebase... Everytime I've tried to use it in any
project I've managed to get my checkout in a state where I had to make
a fresh clone, do a manual diff between my old working tree and new one, and
then delete the old clone.  I know that other people somehow manage to use
this successfully I've justnever managed to without disaster striking :-(

-Toshio