PolicyKit not working in Rawhide?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 02:22:55 UTC 2011

Anyone else noticed this? Anything which needs interactive auth via PK
doesn't seem to work: when I run virt-manager it doesn't ask me for the
root password and then successfully list out the local VMs, it just
immediately displays an error because it's not authorized to connect to
libvirt. Can't install a package via gnome-packagekit for the same
reason.

if I run polkitd at a console it only shows this when virt-manager runs:

** DEBUG: system-bus-name::1.136 is inquiring whether unix-process:3291:70773 is authorized for org.libvirt.unix.manage
** DEBUG:  user of caller is unix-user:root
** DEBUG:  user of subject is unix-user:adamw
** DEBUG: checking whether unix-process:3291:70773 is authorized for org.libvirt.unix.manage
** DEBUG:   0x7f0d50004260
** DEBUG:  subject is in session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session2 (local=1 active=1)
** DEBUG:  challenge (implicit_authorization = auth_admin_keep)
** DEBUG:

I don't see anything hugely useful in there, but I haven't compared it
with 'working' output.

guess i'll file a bug, but did anyone see/figure this out yet?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey