Differences between koji and mock rawhide environments?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 17:43:28 UTC 2011

Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> escribió:
>> postgresql is currently failing to rebuild in rawhide:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3499379

> so the builders are all rhel6 and the buildroots all have dns
> resolution disabled. we are all running an older mock due to the number
> of bugs were were hitting with newer mocks and pty handling.

The answer turned out to be that glibc-2.14.90-15.1 broke it, but for
some reason it took *two* days for that to show up in mock's image of
rawhide.  Is that expected?  Could we do something to cut down the lag?
I find it hard to visualize a situation where building in a stale image
of rawhide is especially useful.

			regards, tom lane