A small request

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 16:44:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> For example, xorg-x11 is currently messed up for a number of
>> subpackages (as is libreoffice - poppler seems broken again). What
>> would be great would be if when xorg-x11 is rebuild, all of the
>> xorg-x11 subpackages are automagically rebuilt and if one of those
>> fails, then the main package fails and so some of the rawhide issues
>> get avoided and nice things like the x server stays up.
>
> Did --skip-broken not do what you'd wanted?

Unfortunately not. While it has prevented libreoffice from installing,
something else is saying that there is an ABI problem with vesa,
openchrome and neuveau now which the --skip-broken didn't stop getting
through.

What I'm thinking is that if (say) xorg-x11 is built, the drivers also
get built to ensure the likes of the ABI problem I've hit doesn't
happen

Paul