Fesco membership policies

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Nov 14 16:50:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:31:21PM -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

> Also, how about a non-technical member from the general user community?
>   Should provide a nice balance to the technical side.

Fesco exists to make technical decisions. The people who are members
should be competent to make those decisions based on a thorough
understanding of the issue, so I don't think having non-technical
membership is ideal. However, people (technical or otherwise) should
feel able to provide their views in either the fesco ticketing system or
at a meeting. I'd hope that we're not making decisions that are seen as
user-hostile, but if we are we really would be interested in hearing
about it.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org