cisco vpn because of ipsec over tcp

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:53:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Lucas <macachuto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Have anyone here tried to compile cisco vpn for Fedora 16 - 32 or 64 bit?
> I need it sometimes and it should support ipsec over tcp, unfortunately nothing in unix can provide it.

Have you ever tried NetworkManager-vpnc (and the underlying vpnc) that
comes with Fedora OOTB?

Its been a while since I've used it (my current employer uses other
technology) but it use to work OK with the last Cisco env I used. From
the description:

A VPN client compatible with Cisco's EasyVPN equipment.

Supports IPSec (ESP) with Mode Configuration and Xauth.  Supports only
shared-secret IPSec authentication, 3DES, MD5, and IP tunneling.

Peter