gdbm license change

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:12:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 20:46 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

>> > A quick scan says this affects:
>> [...]
>> > ypserv (GPLv2)
>>
>> This one looks like an incompatibility.
>
> Without going into details (in that I haven't read the source or the
> licenses in detail, just the GPL compatibility matrix) those are _all_
> likely incompatibilities.

Also without reading the source, just the license tags, all of those
"Lessers" and "pluses" make most of them compatible. Even Perl's
"unholy" license (really (GPL+ or Artistic) and (GPLv2+ or Artistic)
and Copyright Only and MIT and Public Domain and UCD) as a whole
basically boils down to GPLv2+ which is okay (and in reality, it's
only the (GPL+ or Artistic) bits that link with gdbm). The only other
incompatibility seems to be ruby-libs with (Ruby or GPLv2).

--
Iain.