Fesco membership policies

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:58:02 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 14.11.2011, 12:31 -0500 schrieb Clyde E. Kunkel:

> Multidisciplinary membership is good.  However, please keep a balance in
> that no one group is over represented.
>
> Also, how about a non-technical member from the general user community?

I'd say no. Not only because I think that we need technical people to
understand technical decisions, but also for the very same argument you
just gave: Keep a balance in that no group is over represented. The
ambassadors group for example is huge and could easily get a lot of
"their" candidates into FESCo.

Don't get me wrong: I like having ambassadors in FESCo, I am one myself
and a member of FESCo, too. But I am in FESCo as a packager and so
should be others: Whoever wants to run for a technical body needs to be
member of at least one technical group.

Regards,
Christoph