Differences between koji and mock rawhide environments?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 23:58:25 UTC 2011

> Also, looking closer, why is it that rawhide still contains
> python-2.7.2-16.fc17, when according to
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=python.git
> that version was replaced two weeks ago due to the recent glibc issues?

We haven't actually done a full rebuild for the glibc issues in Rawhide.
The packages which have a 'rebuilt for glibc' note in their Rawhide
branch git history are a result of dgilmore making a mistake: we planned
to rebuild a specific set of affected packages in F16 for the Final
release, but by mistake, this change was initially applied to master
branch rather than f16 branch. When we noticed the mistake, the mass
rebuild was cancelled, the changes applied to the f16 branch instead,
and the mass rebuild done for the f16 branch. So the upshot is that
there were a few dozen packages which have the 'rebuilt for glibc' note
in their Rawhide changelogs but where that build was never actually
submitted.

We probably should do a more thoroughgoing look at what packages should
still be rebuilt in Rawhide and F16 repos for the glibc issue - we only
ever actually did the most important F16 ones at the time - but that's
where things stand ATM.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey