[Test-Announce] Announcing the release of Fedora 16.

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 15 17:23:36 UTC 2011

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

> For developers like me which have a F16 repo for mock builds anyway it
> is quite useful though.  A large fraction of the stuff in Packages/ is
> on my disk already, and with a jigdo I could save quite a bit on
> bandwidth and download time over my not-exactly-fast internet link ...

Rsync should save almost exactly the same amount of bandwidth, since due
to the way its algorithm works it will avoid downloading unchanged
packages and download changed packages in full, just like jigdo. In
addition you don't have to download a jigdo template file.

(Sorry for not replying in-thread, but this reply doesn't show up in
Gmane at all, only the original message from a week ago.)