scripts without she-bang in /usr/lib/packagename/

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 17 17:26:13 UTC 2011

I have a package that contains ruby scripts in /usr/lib/packagename/

These scripts are only called/included via other binaries.

If I do not make these executable, then rpmlint complains about
non-executable content in /usr/lib/packagename/ and suggests I
move it to /usr/share/packagename. If I make them executable, then it
complains about missing she-bang.

upstream thinks there is no problem and says the scripts should never
be executed on their own, so no she-bang should be there. Fedora does
not allow executing from /usr/share.

Should I just ignore rpmlint for this case?

Paul