fedorahosted.org: Call for RHEL6 testing

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Nov 21 18:15:28 UTC 2011

Greetings.

As we recently announced, we are working on migrating fedorahosted.org
over to a newer instance or instances. We announced and held a activity
day:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2011-November/000857.html

Which resulted in the following plans:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2011-November/011140.html

Per those plans, we have setup a RHEL6 test instance of
fedorahosted.org and would like to ask people to test against it for
issues or problems.

How to test:

edit your local /etc/hosts file and add:

66.135.62.191   fedorahosted.org git.fedorahosted.org svn.fedorahosted.org hg.fedorahosted.org

Then your requests will go against the new instance.
Simply use trac, your scm and anything else as normal and note any
issues or problems. If you have any non standard trac plugins, please do
test them.

Email is disabled on this instance: Lists will not work and any changes you
make that would normally generate an email will not do so.

Also, note that this is a test copy of fedorahosted.org data. From time to time
we will remigrate the data and convert it over, causing any changes you
made to be LOST. Do remember to change your /etc/hosts entry back
to commit real changes to your projects.

If you could collect results and mail them to this list
(infrastructure) that would be best for now.

Please do remember to remove the /etc/hosts entry when you are going to

Please send feedback to infrastructure at lists.fedoraproject.org or reply to
me directly.

Thanks in advance for any testing.

kevin