Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 21 23:09:36 UTC 2011

Am 21.11.2011 23:50, schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:58:50 +0100, RH (Reindl) wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> nothing is more frustrating for users as ignored bugreports reintroduced from
>> release to relase while th eonly response is from bugzapper about EOL of the
>> release
>
> Well, that's not the same problem as this thread is about.
>
> There a very active packagers (and developers who also do packaging tasks)
> who don't respond to [all] tickets due to various reasons. Some of the
> reasons are valid. Become a package maintainer yourself, Harald, before
> you judge about them all.

i do not judge!

in my opinion there is no reason to not respond
respond can be negative with a short "why"
well, this would be much more helpful as bugzapper-mails

it is a hughe difference if you give no feedback to anyone
who took the time to make a bugreport or ignore it

if the respponse is "sorry no time yet" is would be much
morehelpful than no response at all

> I understand this thread as a comment on improving the detection of
> inactive maintainers and unmaintained packages.

yes - and bugzapper-messages should be sorted out to find
inactive maintainers - i do not say that every ignored
report is a inactive maintainer but it is a possible sign

we all know that nothing will be perfect now or in future but
give users the feeling that they are not ignored is a high value