Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:34:50 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 12:49 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> Hmm, haven't this started with if you're not ready to reply to every bugreport we will ban you because we don't want your contribution?

If you are referring to

"
Well if people want more controversial proposal of sign of live that's
relatively easier to accomplish.

Revoke that maintainers package privileges for $next-release if he does
not respond to bug reports in timely manner in GA releases and orphan
his package.

Arguable a bit drasting but at the same time far more effective clean up
process. "

It says in timely manner...

As I have said before the problem here is not active contributors but
the inactive/non responsive ones so the cleanup process needs to
identify and handle those and what's the best way to do that.

But somehow the thread winded up in the never ending debate of reporter
vs maintainer which in the end both parties need work on improving and
both parts are valuable contributors to the project.

JBG